Handouts: Eastern Habitat Collection
Regular price $15.00 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
Eastern Habitat Collection of Handouts
This set contains all the information you will need for implementing and maintaining monarch habitat east of the Rockies.
Mowing & Management: Best Practices for Monarchs
- This handout provides regional timeframes during which management activities such as mowing may be less detrimental to local monarch populations.
- This informational flyer provides tips on how to create a garden that will attract monarchs and other butterflies and pollinators.
Plant Milkweed for Monarchs: Regional Native Milkweed Guide
- This resource includes photos with habitat information for milkweed species common to each U.S. region. Find species known to be well-used by monarchs, and easy to establish in gardens and fields in your region.
How to Create Healthy Habitat for Pollinators in the Midwest
- Use this MJV guide to create pollinator habitat of any size in the Midwest, from pocket prairies to large-scale areas.
Why Grow & Sell Native Milkweed?
- This handout provides the public, gardeners, and plant growers and nurseries with a concise description of the importance of native milkweeds and their value to monarchs and to the plant industry.
Risks of Neonicotinoids to Pollinators
- Neonicotinoids, or neonics, are the most commonly used class of insecticides and are a growing concern among scientists and conservationists. This MJV handout delves into what neonics are, how they work and various paths the chemicals can take once applied. It also discusses the impacts neonics have on insects and other invertebrates, and offers potential solutions to the threats these insecticides pose to pollinators.